Salesforce native applications have emerged as a gold standard in customer relationship management (CRM). Designed to integrate with Salesforce seamlessly, Verbis was created from the beginning as a native app to offer unmatched data security, which is a critical consideration for organizations looking to protect their valuable information. In this short article, we’ll delve into the inherent security advantages of Salesforce native applications and why they’re the top choice for Enterprise customers.
The Rarity of Native Apps
It’s important to note that while the Salesforce AppExchange boasts thousands of apps, only a small fraction can be classified as “native.” In fact, only about 15% of the 7000+ apps live on the AppExchange are native. This is because native apps adhere to a strict definition, requiring them to be entirely constructed on Salesforce without external dependencies.
Understanding Salesforce Native Applications
Before we explore the exceptional data security provided by Salesforce native apps, let’s first define what they are. A Salesforce Native App is 100% built and hosted within Salesforce, utilizing Salesforce’s core technologies such as Lightning Web Components (LWC) and Aura components. These apps operate exclusively within Salesforce and have no servers and storages on their own.
Security from a Data Perspective
When it comes to data security, Salesforce native applications shine for several reasons:
- Data Stays in Salesforce: Native apps ensure that all your data remains securely within your Salesforce Org. There is no external access to your data by the app provider or any third parties. This means that no additional security reviews are needed beyond your company’s Salesforce review.
- Salesforce’s Robust Security Measures: Native apps benefit from the comprehensive security measures already in place within Salesforce. This includes stringent network security, data encryption during transit, intrusion detection systems, regular penetration testing, and vulnerability scans. Data remains within Salesforce-owned data centers, which are meticulously monitored and protected.
- Compliance Certifications: Salesforce holds a multitude of data security certifications, including GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001/27017/27018, and more. Native apps are automatically covered by the security controls mandated by these certifications.
- Reliability and Disaster Recovery: Salesforce’s reliability measures, such as redundant components and disaster recovery procedures, extend to native applications. Your data is stored on redundant, carrier-class disk storage and is automatically replicated in real-time, ensuring data integrity.
- Data Control: Salesforce allows customers to configure security controls to protect their org from insider threats and ensure data privacy. Native applications fully respect these customer-configured security controls.
Salesforce’s data centers boast robust physical security, with authorized personnel access, 2-factor access screening, environmental monitoring, and backup power systems. This level of security extends to native Salesforce apps.
Data Return or Deletion
Should your organization decide to move away from Salesforce, native apps ensure that your data never leaves the platform. You can request a return of all data, which will be permanently deleted after the contract termination.
Why Salesforce Native Apps Excel in Data Security
In a world where data protection is paramount, Salesforce native applications offer a distinct advantage. They leverage the formidable data security practices of Salesforce itself, ensuring that your data is never processed outside your Salesforce org. With the backing of robust security measures, compliance certifications, and reliability protocols, native apps offer a level of data security that is second to none.
Businesses in security-conscious industries, such as healthcare, government, and financial services, gravitate towards Salesforce for these very reasons. Native Salesforce apps such as Verbis align seamlessly with these industries’ strict security requirements.
In conclusion, when it comes to securing your critical business data, Salesforce native applications stand out as the premier choice. Their ability to harness the data security prowess of Salesforce, combined with a range of compliance certifications, makes them the go-to solution for organizations committed to safeguarding their information.